Here it is. The worst so far. Peach Parfait Pie. The flavor actually wasn't so bad...it was that I used frozen peaches. Obviously, there are no fresh peaches to be found this time of year. I have never used frozen peaches before, but read online that they can be a good substitute in the off-season. Unfortunately, they were really firm even after thawed. I think with nice, soft fresh peaches this pie would be yummy. Don't know that I'll try it though. It certainly isn't pretty either. Oh well.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
A Year of Pies -- Month 7
Here it is. The worst so far. Peach Parfait Pie. The flavor actually wasn't so bad...it was that I used frozen peaches. Obviously, there are no fresh peaches to be found this time of year. I have never used frozen peaches before, but read online that they can be a good substitute in the off-season. Unfortunately, they were really firm even after thawed. I think with nice, soft fresh peaches this pie would be yummy. Don't know that I'll try it though. It certainly isn't pretty either. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well I must say, I'm impressed that you've blogged about a baking flop! If if were me, I'd probably bake a new, super awesome pie and only blog about that one making it seem as though I never make mistakes ;)
OK...for real. You ARE NOT bringing
that pie for Christmas Eve are you ??? haha. At least you tried !!
HURRY HOME !!!!!
Post a Comment