Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

The weekend started off with a little spring cleaning...

Then we headed to one of our favorite places in the area, Terhune Orchards. They are open year-round but this weekend was their first event of the season. Hooray for warmer weather!

We lost count of how many cats were wandering around the farm, but there are at least four. They are all so friendly! Natalie loved this one in particular. She spent a lot of time just following it around. I think the animals were glad to see warmer weather too! Goats, sheep, horses, chickens and turkeys were all out and about.



I think this barn is so neat...a great place to take pictures. Check out the solar panels on the roof! Natalie tried really hard to find a way in.


More cat following...

And even more cat following...

And some chicken following!


She found another cat to hang out with on the porch of the farm store. She was pretending to eat an apple (we all know she would never actually take a bite) while Brad and I shared some freshly baked cookies and apple cider. We also picked up a bag of cider donuts for Easter morning.


Riding the tractors was fun even though she has no clue what to do with the pedals. That just means Brad has to push! We found Caitlin at the tractors too! Too bad she got a bum steering wheel.



Our last stop of the day was a wagon ride around the farm.

Happy Easter! I know the picture is blurry but it was the best I got of her in her dress...I had forgotten to turn my flash on for the first picture. And of course, all the rest of the pictures I took were of her lifting her dress, making weird faces and running away. She's definitely 2!

The Easter Bunny brought a Mr. Potato Head bunny!

I managed to figure out the auto-timer on the camera, so I set it up, pushed the button and ran to get in the picture. Not too bad, huh?

I kept the meal simple since it was just two of us eating it. Honey ham, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and rolls.

Lemon bars for dessert. Wanna bite?

Happy Easter! He is risen!

No comments: