Natalie has never really been super interested in what she wears. I pick something out and she lets me put it on her. Well, the fashion bug must have bit her overnight last night because today she was insistent on wearing this ensemble! A pink onesie (why do they even make onesies for 2.5 year olds?), her glittery tutu, her pink sneakers, and a blue hairbow. I have to admit...the fact that she was SO excited about it made the outfit a little more tolerable. I tried to convince her to change clothes when we needed to make a trip to Target, but that didn't go over well. I never thought I'd be "that mom" who takes her kid in public wearing some crazy outfit. But I decided I'd rather let her wear it than get in a fight over it...not worth it. We did get some giggles at Target though!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Fashionista
Natalie has never really been super interested in what she wears. I pick something out and she lets me put it on her. Well, the fashion bug must have bit her overnight last night because today she was insistent on wearing this ensemble! A pink onesie (why do they even make onesies for 2.5 year olds?), her glittery tutu, her pink sneakers, and a blue hairbow. I have to admit...the fact that she was SO excited about it made the outfit a little more tolerable. I tried to convince her to change clothes when we needed to make a trip to Target, but that didn't go over well. I never thought I'd be "that mom" who takes her kid in public wearing some crazy outfit. But I decided I'd rather let her wear it than get in a fight over it...not worth it. We did get some giggles at Target though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Natalie is tu tu cute.
Can't wait to see you guys !!!
I actually don't think it's bad! And feel good that she waited till she was 2 1/2. Cami told me what she would and would not wear from the time she could talk and she talked very early! From 18 months on, I had to pick at least two outfits every day and let her choose from those. When shopping, if I said I liked something, that was the last thing she would choose. I learned early to pretend to dismiss my favorite, so she would choose it. Ha!
STYLIN !!! I love her crazy outfit ...do they make that tutu in my size ? ;-)
Post a Comment