Monday, August 24, 2009

Beach Trip, Take Two

We just got back from a great weekend in Galveston with my family. We are doing things for the last time, and it makes our move seem more real. It felt strange to say goodbye to the Texas coast, even though I'm sure we'll be back at some point. Here are a few snapshots from our weekend:


This kid has never been so content to just sit still in a chair! I think part of it stems from the fact that since her last trip to the beach, she has developed an aversion to sand, dirt or anything else that is the slightest bit "gucky" (yucky). She had a real problem with having sand on her feet.


Natalie and Daddy enjoyed spending time in the water together.


A rare picture of me! I always seem to be the one behind the camera. We should work on that. I love having pictures of me and my girl!


Natalie was my dad's shadow the entire weekend. She had a great time feeding the seagulls with Pop. Actually, she had fun watching him feed the seagulls. Every time he handed her a Goldfish cracker to give to the birds, she ate it herself.


My mom's beautiful work of art.


So long for now, Galveston!

2 comments:

Mrs. Short said...

love the pictures....makes me sad you are leaving!!!
Glad yall had fun!

Carol said...

I've been thinking about y'all for many days now. I love that you have the blog. And yes, I too am always the one behind the camera. Nowadays, I prefer that because cameras always mysteriously add 50 lbs to my body frame, but you don't have that problem. Everybody wants to see pics of all of you guys - especially now that you're so far away!