Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

Third year living in New Jersey, third Halloween we spent at my friend Kerrie's house (new house this year, though). It is such a fun tradition! Natalie was really timid last year with trick or treating, so we weren't sure how this year would go. Well, she was SO in to it this year. She and Spiderman led the pack, rang the doorbells, yelled "TRICK OR TREAT!," and politely said "thank you" and "Happy Halloween" before moving on to the next house. What a difference a year makes!

Getting ready to go trick or treating! Natalie decided a long time ago that she wanted to be a blue crayon for Halloween. I took her to the fabric store and this is the color she chose. She was so proud of her costume! And I was really happy with the way it came out after I made some changes after her Halloween parade at school. The ribbon straps held it up much better than my homemade button holes!

I will confess that I did not get a good picture of Julia on Halloween. I was so focused on Natalie's fun that Julia was just sort of along for the ride. So...I got her re-dressed up the day after Halloween so I could get a picture of her in her strawberry costume. Obviously, she had no clue she missed anything...and she'll get more attention next year, I'm sure :)

The whole gang -- Lyla the cowgirl, Juliette the puppy, Natalie the crayon, Ellie as Mickey Mouse, Caitlin the cowgirl, and Peter as Spiderman.

Snowy trick or treating!

I loved this clever Halloween snowman :)

No comments: