This was our first year to have Thanksgiving with just our immediate little family. Even though we didn't have a lot of people to feed and entertain, I didn't want it to feel unspecial or like we were missing anything. Natalie helped by making decorations and setting the table:
She colored pumpkins and wrote our names on them for place cards.
She also colored these corn on the cobs to use as silverware holders. Very fancy!
She was very proud of her decor :)
I forgot to take a picture of our feast before we chowed down, so here is the aftermath. Our menu included roasted turkey breast and gravy, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce (with the can ridges, a must-have for me on Thanksgiving), and homemade rolls. I also didn't take a picture of dessert, but we had pumpkin pie with praline topping, chocolate bread pudding with spiced creme anglaise, and molasses cookies (Natalie's favorite, she helped make them on Wednesday).
Since I was snapping some pictures of Julia for her 5 month photo, I thought I'd try to get a picture of the girls together. That didn't work so well.
Natalie: "I will rub her on the head to make her smile!" I didn't understand that logic, and apparently neither did Julia.
This was the best of the bunch. Candid...I didn't even tell her to kiss her! She loves her sister so much :)Natalie also made a few crafts at school for Thanksgiving:

1 comment:
Hurry and get those girls here; I can't wait to see them! P.S. Love the rubbing on the head.
Post a Comment