Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Terhune Orchards -- Apple Day

Terhune Orchards is just a short drive from our house...probably less than 10 minutes away. Each year they kick off fall with a weekend they call "Apple Days" -- you can read more about it here. We went on Saturday and had so much fun! Here are some highlights from our day (you can click on the pics to make them larger):


The very first thing we did when we walked through the entry gate was buy a bag of apple cider donuts, coated in cinnamon-sugary goodness. YUM! We also sampled some fresh kettle corn, which was equally delicious.

Pumpkin patch in the foreground and corn field maze in the background.

Apparently these people forgot that they would be paying for that pumpkin by the pound. I don't know how much it was, but I'm pretty sure that one was a lot! Biggest one in the patch.

Gorgeous mums.

Natalie was very proud of her apple.

Apple trees as far as the eye can see. We also saw peach trees and blackberry and raspberry bushes. There are also some other fruits that are out of season right now, so we'll have to check those out next summer.

I couldn't believe how densely the apples grew on the trees. They were almost like bunches of grapes!

A flock of sheep resting under a tree.

Daddy and Natalie had fun blowing on dandelions. I'm sure the groundskeepers really appreciated us spreading weed seeds all over the place :)

Pig roast. Smelled SO good!

Fresh pork sandwich for lunch! Accompanied by fresh pressed apple cider. Can't be beat!

Mamaw impressively tackles a very sticky caramel apple.

Natalie thought the little kid-sized tractors were the greatest things ever. I'm sure she would have sat on it for the rest of the afternoon if we'd let her!

No comments: