So here I sit at Panera Bread, taking advantage of their free wifi until we get internet hooked up at home (Tuesday). It's crazy how long it takes to get caught up with everything going on in the world (well, my little section of the world, at least) when you've been disconnected from it for a week! We are getting settled into our house and really love it. I'm not sure it totally feels like home yet, but we'll get there. We've had a great time having family in NJ with us (my mom was here Saturday-Monday and Brad's parents will be here for a couple more days). What a huge help to have grandparents to chase after Natalie while we unpack!
I don't have any pictures to post right now, but here is a quick run down of some hightlights of our days here so far:
*We have a family of 3 deer that frequent our backyard. Every time they come by we ooh and aah, although we are recently learned that most people here consider them a nuisance (they eat landscaping and bring deer ticks).
*We have a pear tree in our backyard! It has more pears than we'll ever be able to use, but I plan to use them as much as I can! Pear crisp, poached pears, pear sauce...help me think of what else to make!
*Brad went to his first day of class yesterday and enjoyed it. I'll let him fill you in about school later when he has more to say about it :)
*Driving in New Jersey is confusing. No feeder roads...jughandles...roundabouts...ugh. Thank goodness for the GPS!
I have a ton more to say, but will wait until I can post some pictures too. Stay tuned!
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I totally forgot about the lack of feeder roads! Jeff & I were in northern NJ for a wedding a few years ago and we seriously spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to get on the freeway. We finally had to stop at a gas station, ask for directions, and a wonderful customer said we could follow him since we just weren't understanding the directions we were being told!
Hi Katydid...I hear the house is so darn cute. Cant wait for pics.
And yes...deer are cute..but destructive. And be careful...the males can be mean.
I think I'll send someone up there
from TXDOT to show em how WE build
roads !!!
Katy, I'm SO glad y'all made it and are settling in nicely. I've been thinking a lot about you! I definitely laughed when you mentioned the driving. Matt gets so frustrated every time we are in VA and he's driving around. It's the exact same way! Miss you!
Post a Comment