Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fixer Upper

Our next door neighbor put this cute little desk out at the curb a few weeks ago. I had a vision, and I was determined. I pulled up next to the desk and managed to hoist it into the back of my SUV, all by myself! So, here's a before picture:

Beat up, but I saw potential. I gave it a good sanding and cleaning, a coat of primer, a couple coats of paint and some new knobs. Since there are a few drawers missing, I painted the nooks green (the insides of the drawers are green too). Here's what it looks like now after I got my hands on it:

And here it is in Natalie's room! Now I just need to find the right chair.

5 comments:

Carol said...

That looks really great Katy! You are so talented!

Mrs. Short said...

well look at you. :) looks great!

Kim said...

I'm so impressed! That looks awesome.

Mandy Holloway said...

wow katydid! impressive! dont ya
love free stuff ? looks like it just rolled out of the display
at pottery barn. keep hunting!

taxcosilver said...

So cute - Love the green innards !