2/19/12: Finally figured out how to get those puffs in her mouth on her own!
2/20/12: Well, here it is. The first day of the year that I didn't take a picture. I don't think we had a particularly busy day or anything. It just didn't happen. Since I don't have a picture from the day to show you, I will just describe the day: Natalie didn't throw a single fit or talk sassy to me at all...I happily baked cookies from scratch while the girls played peacefully in the living room...the house was immaculately clean from top to bottom...I had a delicious, hot meal on the table when Brad came home in the evening...and after both girls were in bed I kicked up my feet on the couch with a glass of wine and whittled away the evening. Yeah, right!
2/20/12: Well, here it is. The first day of the year that I didn't take a picture. I don't think we had a particularly busy day or anything. It just didn't happen. Since I don't have a picture from the day to show you, I will just describe the day: Natalie didn't throw a single fit or talk sassy to me at all...I happily baked cookies from scratch while the girls played peacefully in the living room...the house was immaculately clean from top to bottom...I had a delicious, hot meal on the table when Brad came home in the evening...and after both girls were in bed I kicked up my feet on the couch with a glass of wine and whittled away the evening. Yeah, right!
2/21/12: Natalie got this giant art jar for her birthday and this was our first project. A furry monster!
2/22/12: No one will admit to tucking Lily into bed like this. I really think she curled up under our covers on her own!
2/23/12: Natalie all dressed up for Pajama Day at school (and here is Pajama Day from last year, to compare).
2/24/12: Modern girls keeping up with the world on their laptops :)
2/25/12: Once Julia caught on to eating food, it didn't take her long to LOVE it! This was the aftermath of a snack, a Nutrigrain bar. For lunch this day she ate avocado and pear pieces, squash, puffs, yogurt melts, and cheddar cheese. That is probably more different foods than Natalie has eaten in her entire four years of life. How can two siblings be so different!?
Since I missed making last week's new meal, I made two new meals this week. First was coconut chicken curry soup, which was really delicious. Not spicy, but very flavorful. Second was spicy shrimp sandwiches, which turned out to not taste really spicy at all, but were yummy nonetheless. I used sour cream instead of mayo in the avocado spread, and it was great. I will tweak the seasonings and try this one again. Two winners this week!
1 comment:
PaPa and I totally laughed out loud at all the food Julia ate and the comparison.
Post a Comment