Julia and I took a little spill yesterday. I was carrying her down the stairs and fell. I didn't drop her, but she was crying really hard for about 30 minutes afterwards and I just felt like something wasn't right. I called the pediatrician after-hours line, but decided to go ahead and take her to the ER before even hearing back from the on-call doctor. She settled down on the car ride there, which made me feel better, but she got really upset again when I touched her knee when we were in the waiting room. That worried me. Then when she was being examined, she wouldn't put weight on her left leg. I knew at that point something was wrong. The x-rays confirmed that she had a fractured femur. They put a temporary splint on her, and she'll go sometime this week for the hard cast. I can't believe I fell and hurt my baby...but she doesn't stay unhappy for long! Look at that smile!
I have some bumps and bruises on my back, but I am fine. I'm just so thankful that I was able to hold on to her, and that her injury is to her leg and not her head!
1 comment:
Oh Katy, I'm so sorry! This is one of my worst fears -- I'm super clumsy as it is, and I'm always paranoid about falling when I'm carrying Joshua. I hope Julia heals quickly, and I'm glad she's still such a sweet smiler through it all!
Post a Comment