Friday, July 17, 2009

Armed and Dangerous



After years of using various point and shoot cameras, we finally took the plunge and bought a DSLR! It is so amazing how much of a difference a camera like this makes. Not only does it take incredible pictures, but it makes it possible to actually capture a "Kodak moment" in the first place! I cannot count of the number of times I have missed a cute shot of Natalie because the shutter on my camera has the reaction time of a tortoise. There is definitely a time and a place for a camera that you can easily tote in your pocket, and that's why I won't be saying goodbye to my Sony Cybershot. But I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this Nikon D40. I have quite a learning curve ahead of me, so please be patient with the sub-par photos that I'm sure are to come. Hopefully there will be some great ones shortly after that!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I know you, you'll be taking AMAZING pictures within the first day you have your camera. I'm so excited for you!

Mandy Holloway said...

Congratulations Katydid! I know you have wanted the camera for a long time.You have
such a photogenic little one...she is too
darn cute !!!

Carol said...

I made that same plunge last Christmas. I could never take pictures of Cami dancing on stage with my Canon Power Shot S80. So Jeff got me a Canon Rebel. I still love the little pocket one for every day shots, but I love the zoom for dance shots and the better camera for special shots.