Saturday, October 16, 2010

This and That

I have been bad about updating the blog recently, so here are a few recent pics I just took off the camera...

As you'll remember, we had no shortage of pears from our pear tree last year. This year has been a different story. We got a whopping one pear. One.


We are so excited that fall is here and it's time to bundle up, at least a little bit! Natalie loving all these new clothes.


Brad sat down on the couch to read one book with Natalie, and he told her he needed to get some work done after that one book. Well, one book turned into a two hour nap! For Natalie, at least. Brad did manage to do a little reading while she was zonked out on his lap.

The leaves are starting to turn! We had a really dry summer and I think that is affecting the fall. Lots of leaves are just turning brown and falling off, skipping the pretty red/orange/yellow phase. But I will try to post some pictures soon anyway!

2 comments:

Mamaw said...

Well at least it looks like it's a very nice pear.

And, of course, big brown eyes is cute as usual!

Pa-Pa said...

The master gardener I work with here thinks that your pears must have been taken by a two-legged varmint. He says the pear is the only fruit that doesn't ripen on the tree. So someone could easily see when both your cars are gone, and come help themselves. Maybe next year you can go ahead a pick some along yourselves and set them aside to ripen.