Saturday, January 7, 2012

Project 365, Week 1

My mantra for this photo challenge for the year is going to be "take the camera everywhere!" I will not be ashamed to take pictures in the grocery store or other public places (as evidenced by photo #1). I will not be embarrassed if strangers giggle at me while I take a picture of something weird. I would really like to get more creative than I was this week. Obviously, I love taking pictures of my kids...best thing to capture. But I want to broaden my horizons and find photo-worthy moments in other places too. So hopefully I can learn to do that over the course of 2012!

1/1/12: Sitting up in a grocery cart for the first time!

1/2/12: Lily loves laying in laundry.

1/3/12: Excited to go back to school after the holidays!

1/4/12: Julia's M.O.

1/5/12: All bundled up for a cold day. Natalie loves her scarf!

1/6/12: I wasn't shoveling the food in fast enough, so she started munching on her bib.

1/7/12: 51 degrees? In January? In New Jersey?! Believe it or not, it actually got up to the 60s today! (And obviously, our thermometer has a mind of it's own...51 was not the high AND the low for the day.)

My new meal of the week was wild rice patties (this website calls them burgers, but we just ate them naked). They were pretty good, although the thyme was a little overpowering. Ate them with black eyed peas...a few days after New Years Day, but better late than never, right?. The rice patties were made yummier by the fact that I cooked them in the grease from the bacon I made for the black eyed peas. Nice and crispy on the outside. Nothing like taking something healthy like wild rice and fryin' it up in some pork fat! :)

1 comment:

Mamaw said...

Glad your camera-challenge results in us seeing pictures. Love them always!