Julia got her first taste of solid food this afternoon in the form of rice cereal. I have never heard of a baby that really loved rice cereal (I mean, look at it), but Julia slurped it up! She kind of got her hands all involved in the process, but she didn't hesitate to open her mouth for a spoonful. We'll give her a few days of this, then move on to oatmeal and then fruits and veggies!

All smiles getting ready for the feast!

"What is this stuff?"

"Hey, this isn't bad!"

Getting the hands involved...

...so Brad tried the blocking technique.

Stopped for a quick suck on the fingers.

Again, hands are not necessary.

Lip smacking good!

Finished with the meal. All three of us were cheering for her and she was obviously very proud of herself.
Since I wasn't blogging several years ago when Natalie first tried cereal, I figured I would post pictures of that. It didn't go nearly as well as today did :)

"Mom and Dad tell me this solid food stuff will be yummy!"

"Here we go!"

"Oh, ick!"

"Why Mom, why?!"

"I
think I can escape..."

"Guys, it's not getting any better."

"I think I'm going to be sick."

"Thank goodness that's over!"
1 comment:
Oh wow; they're both soooooooooooooo cute!
Post a Comment