Saturday, January 21, 2012

Project 365, Week 3

1/15/12: I made these Nutter Butter-esque sandwich cookies. They are way richer and more decadent than Nutter Butter cookies you buy at the store. Delicious...but hard to even eat a whole one at once!

1/16/12: Ice skating, anyone? Well, considering the size of our rink, maybe just the squirrels ;)

1/17/12: Playing Go Fish with my big girl. She loves this game...we easily spend a couple hours a day doing this! And she loves to say, "I'm cleanin' you out!" whenever she takes a bunch of cards from me.

1/18/12: One of Natalie's favorite things is when she wakes up in the morning and Julia and I come in to her room. One time she asked for me to put Julia in her bed, and now it is a little ritual! Julia actually lunges down to Natalie's bed each morning now. This cute, cuddly scenario really only lasts a minute or so before one of them gets antsy to get out of bed, but it is still so sweet.

1/19/12: Julia loves Lily. Clearly Lily is less impressed.

1/20/12: Sister snuggles.

1/21/12: Today was the first snow since October! It wasn't a huge dump of snow, but it was enough for Brad and Natalie to go out for sledding and playing.

New meal of the week was this corn chowder. I think I enjoyed it more than Brad did. I agree with him that it was definitely better once all the extras (avocado, cheddar, and lime juice) were added. I may try to tweak the recipe, or just try a different chowder recipe sometime.

1 comment:

Mamaw said...

Love all the pictures and glimpse into what's going on there.