I was really bad this week about taking my camera with me where I went, so several of these are from my phone (which takes awful pictures). Sorry! Blogger has also changed it's format, and a new feature is that I can make captions for the photos...I hope they aren't too small to read!
 |
| 4/29/12: Getting ready to go to a Princeton baseball game with Daddy. Go Tigers! |
 |
| 4/30/12: Julia is a mess here (one sock on/one sock off, and covered in food), but this is a pretty funny picture anyway. Natalie was playing with her Zhu Zhu Pet and Julia was completely mesmerized as it zipped around the kitchen. She wasn't afraid of it, but didn't love it either. I'd call it "cautiously interested," haha. |
 |
| 5/1/12: There is a step down that leads into our sunroom, which we use as a playroom. I am in trouble when Julia learns to climb up it (which she has been working on for a few days)! |
 |
| 5/2/12: Julia was happily playing on the floor while I read Natalie a library book. Suddenly I felt a little tug on my pants...someone else wanted to see the book too! |
 |
| 5/4/12: I took Natalie to a "bouncy place" (as she calls it) on Friday morning. My good friend Karen and her kids joined us. Natalie says Teagan (Karen's oldest, who is about 5 months older than Natalie) is her best friend, and she already talks about how sad she will be when we don't live close to "Teagie" anymore. They bounced together for a little while, but then they discovered the air hockey table and were glued to that the rest of the time. And they actually legitimately played, hitting it back and forth to each other and trying to block the puck from going in the hole. |
 |
| 5/5/12: Once again, we spent time with Karen and her kids (Karen's husband is a high school teacher and track coach, so he is gone a lot for practices and meets. And since Brad works so much, we end up spending a lot of time together, which is fun!). We went over to their house to play and have lunch, and Natalie and I took cookie decorating supplies. The girls loved it! And you can see in this picture how much Natalie adores Teagan. Karen has two other kids, another daughter (Elizabeth) who is almost 3, and a son (Iain) who is exactly 2 weeks older than Julia. I'd say she has her hands full! The two littler ones were napping and Julia was still eating lunch, so Natalie and Teagan decorated their cookies in relative peace. |
I didn't make a true new meal this week, but I did make a taco salad bar with all the fixins for Cinco de Mayo, and also made
this new oatmeal cookie recipe from Eating Well magazine. They were really good! I love my mom's super secret family recipe (aka the recipe on the bottom of the Quaker Oats lid), but these were a good alternative to the not-so-healthy buttery ones (although I do have a deep love for butter...just can't do it all the time).
No comments:
Post a Comment