Saturday, October 3, 2009

Creepy Crawly

I walked into our bedroom tonight to find a large, scary looking bug on the floor (click here for a pic -- if you are squeamish, don't look!). Instead of trying to conquer it myself, I ran down to the study and interrupted Brad's reading...isn't that what any good bug-fearing graduate student's wife does? It managed to hide behind the radiator for a while, but Brad refused to be taken down by a 2-inch, 28-legged critter. I snapped the postmortem picture so I could go online to identify it. Turns out it is a "house centipede" -- no danger to humans. Still gives me the heebie jeebies, though!

2 comments:

Mrs. Short said...

YUCK! Know how I kill bugs? The vacuum cleaner! If there is a roach...I use the hose attachment and that is how I get it :)

taxcosilver said...

That is one of the most disgusting bugs i have ever seen...And that is truly saying ALOT because the bugs in Mexico are not only disgusting but HUGE...Seriously- take that centipede - blow it up like three times and then you have the size of one that I was shocked to find inside my jeans leg one time in Mex...And this discovery was once I had actually put the jeans on and felt something ON MY LEG...ugh...i get heebie jeebie just thinking about it to this day...What is the deal with your bedroom centipedes out of control tentacle action going on? Looks like my old roommate on a bad hair day !!!