#9: Roundabouts. You can't see it very well on this map, but there are roundabouts scattered throughout NJ. A simple intersection would be too easy, I guess. If you want to turn left, you have to turn right first (they call that a jughandle). I pretty much have the hang of it now, but I think the first time I went to the grocery store, I went around a roundabout like 3 or 4 times before I figured out which way I was supposed to go! Could someone please dispatch TXDOT for a special project in Jersey?...we need feeder roads, U-turns and left turn lanes. Thanks.

#8: Radiators. I don't know, maybe you can find them somewhere in Texas. But I've definitely never seen them before.
#7: Covered cart corrals. Gotta keep the snow off the carts during the winter!
#6: Geese. Everywhere. I snapped this picture in a grassy area at a big shopping center. I have also seen them wandering around outside ShopRite (a big grocery store chain here in the NE).
#5: Revolutionary War site. If memory serves me correctly (and I think it does), Texas wasn't around for the Revolutionary War. I actually laughed the first time I saw one of these signs. There is some OLD stuff around here!
#4: Trader Joe's. Such a great store! Natalie is just thrilled that they give her a balloon and sticker every time we go.
#3: Snow boots and ski bibs at Target. Guess we don't need these for Houston winters?
#2: Leaves changing colors. This picture is actually a couple weeks old. The colors are much more vibrant now. I will post lots more pictures soon. The foliage is beautiful!
#1: No Parking sign. Don't think I've ever seen a snow-covered road in Houston!
5 comments:
Love reading about NJ as I don't think I'll ever get to leave TX:)
Yup, I think I agree w/ most of your list!
Although Houston has at least one roundabout - over by the Museum of Natural Science.
(I got to your website from JessColl's recent post about Jonathan.)
I love reading your blog Katy! And for the last two days, your Pennington temperature gauge has been pretty much what it has been here. I know that will soon change though when y'all start getting all of that beautiful snow!
Post a Comment