Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birthday Party

Yesterday afternoon was Julia's birthday party! We actually had a joint party with Iain, who is exactly two weeks older than Julia. Iain was sick when his party was originally scheduled, so Karen ended up having to cancel it. Since their birthdays are so close and we had the exact same guest list, I invited them to join in on Julia's party...why didn't we just do that in the first place? I provided snacks and the venue while Karen covered cupcakes and favors. It was so easy for both of us!

Natalie and her throngs of baby fans.

The birthday kids as everyone sang to them.

Testing the waters...

"This is pretty good!"

"I think I need to use two hands."

Crazy arms!

I'd say Iain liked the cupcake too!

All the babies looking at something interesting off to the right. They were all born within 2 months of each other last year...hard to believe they are already having birthday parties! Left to right: Julia (6/24), Sadie (7/25), Iain (6/10), Connor (5/24)


As a comparison, here is Natalie with a cupcake at her first birthday party. That is as far as she got...touching the frosting with her fingertip. Also, notice with the first kid, I was so prepared to keep her tidy and clean with a massive bib. That is actually the same "Birthday Girl" shirt under that bib...it was still in good enough shape for Julia to wear because it didn't get a single speck of cupcake or frosting on it when Natalie wore it. With Julia, I just let her go at it! Turns out it is way more fun that way :)

No comments: