Thursday, April 26, 2012

First Sentence

Brad and Natalie were playing some type of pretend game last night where Natalie was the Mommy (if you know Natalie at all, then it is not surprising to you that she wants to be in charge, even just pretend. She doesn't have any bossy tendencies at all....nope) and Brad was the kid. Brad got in trouble for not staying with his Mommy. So Natalie got out a coloring book and wrote a sentence about it, totally out of the blue! To be honest, we haven't been working on this (even though we probably should have been). I can remember maybe a few times when I encouraged her to sound out a word, but that was in reference to reading it, not spelling it out and writing it down. So we were both shocked (and so incredibly over-the-top proud) when we saw that she wrote this entire sentence all by herself!


Here is a translation for those of you (i.e. all of you) who are 4-year old grammar/vocabulary/spelling challenged: "Yur not fllowing yr Mommy."


You can see that she got a little confused after the "yr" on the bottom line and started trying to write not again ("nt"). But really, I have so many questions about this. How does she know that the word following has two Ls? Did she purposefully space her letters so that she could use the My Little Pony logo as the O in not? Or maybe that was a happy accident.

Once the admissions office at Princeton gets wind of this genius feat, I'm sure they will be knocking down our door. Maybe we should try to lock in her tuition rate now. Those Ivy League educations don't come cheap!

1 comment:

Jeana said...

My favorite part of this is you highlighting her writing for ease of reading. I appreciate your John Madden-like recreation!