Saturday, April 28, 2012

Project 365: Week 17

4/22/12: We couldn't say goodbye to Mousie without a picture of all the girls! Man, it is hard to get a good picture of four people, two of whom are little.

4/23/12: "Let me out!" Julia whimpers and smooshes her face against the side of the playpen to let me know she's done (which is usually after about 3 minutes...I get dressed really fast these days!)

4/24/12: Julia now squeals "Yiyi!!" every time Lily walks into the room. Yiyi is very patient...either that, or she is too lazy too get up and walk away from the abuse :)

4/25/12: After a rough first week at soccer camp, Natalie jumped right in to the second week and loved every second of it. She proudly exclaimed, "I did everything from beginning to end!" This camp is great because a few of Natalie's friends are doing it too, so there are some familiar faces there (plus some new friends!). And since we met the minimum of 8 kids participating, the organization does it right in one of our friend's backyard. Perfect!

4/26/12: Polka dotted sisters!

4/27/12: Natalie wanted a stamp on her foot because her dance teacher, Ms. Kaylyn, has a "stamp" on her foot. Natalie thinks it is just so silly that Ms. Kaylyn puts that same exact stamp on her foot every week for class! ;)

4/28/12: Busted, Yiyi!

I made two new meals this week since I've missed a couple over the past week or so. I made my first ever tofu dish, Sesame Tofu, which was OK. It got nice and crispy on the outside, but the sauce didn't get very soaked in to the tofu, so it was a little bland on the inside. I did successfully eat with chopsticks though, which is a first for me! I'm going out with friends for sushi later this week, so I will not be intimidated by the chopsticks like I usually am at Asian restaurants. I'm not giving up on tofu yet; I'll probably try another recipe soon. The other new meal I made was Baked Chicken Flautas. I have to admit that I pretty heavily adapted the recipe to fit what I had on hand (no spinach; no fresh jalapeƱo, so I used Trader Joe's Habanero Lime Tortillas, which added a nice kick; and cheddar instead of colby jack cheese), but it was still yummy. Next time I will be sure to have enough spinach on hand to add it in.

1 comment:

Mamaw said...

Love the "Yiyi"!